Residence and Golden Visa

tarjeta-300x192.png (84 KB)When you come to Spain for a short time, you are officially a tourist. If you own a house in Spain, which you use for holidays and spend a few months of the year, you are still the tourist, as your permanent residence is of another country.

Visiting Spain for citizens of non-EU countries is limited up to 90 days within six months (180 days per year). Anyone who stay in Spain more than six months a year, must submit an application for a residence permit.

For the procedure for obtaining a residence permit you only need to collect the necessary documents and a petition. But before you start collecting documents, you have to think if you really need it now? Will you spend in Spain more than 180 days a year? If not, you could have problems with the extension of residence permit.

Also, when you obtain your residence permit (with or without the right to work), you automatically become a Spanish tax resident, and from this moment you have to declare all yours incomes and pay Spanish taxes.

However, now there is an interesting opportunity to obtain a special residence permit for investors (Golden Visa) in case of purchasing of the property that costs more than 500.000 €. The possession of this permit does not imply a mandatory tax residence in Spain, and does not limit the minimum period of stay in the country.

To obtain this residence permits, please, do not hesitate to contact to our English speaking lawyers in Spain: +34 639 500 976